Article 27 - Provisions on the Personnel and Personnel Rights
(1) Personnel of the Authority shall be subject to the Law No. 657, excluding the matters regulated through the Law herein.
(2) Head and members of the Board and personnel of the Authority shall receive remunerations determined to be paid to the precedent personnel, within the scope of financial and social rights, as per Additional Article 11 of the Decree Law No. 375 of 27/6/1989, within the framework of the same procedures and principles applicable. Among the remunerations paid to the precedent personnel, those which are exempt from taxes and other legal deductions shall also be exempt from taxes and deductions as per the Law herein.
(3) Head and members of the Board and personnel of the Authority are subject to the sub-paragraph (c) of the first paragraph of Article 4 of the Social Insurance and Universal Health Insurance Law No. 5510 of 31/5/2006. Head and members of the Board and personnel of the Authority shall be considered equal with the precedent personnel in terms of retirement rights. Among the personnel who were appointed as Head and members of the Board when insured under sub-paragraph (c) of the first paragraph of Article 4 of the Law No. 5510, terms of office in these duties shall be considered while ascertaining acquired rights, salaries, grades and steps of those whose term of office ends or who express their will to resign. The relevant term of office of those who fall within the scope of Provisional Article 4 of the Law No. 5510 while on duty, shall be deemed as the period for which position and representation compensation should be paid. Removal from previous institutions and organisations of those who were appointed as Head and members of the Board when insured under sub-paragraph (a) of the first paragraph of Article 4 of the Law No. 5510, shall not entail receiving a severance pay or termination pay. In such a case, term of office qualified for a severance pay or termination pay, shall be added to the service periods spent as Head and member of the Board, and accepted as the period for which a retirement bonus.
(4) Civil servants working in public administrations attached to the centralized government, social security institutions, local administrations, administrations attached to local administrations, local administrative unions, revolving fund enterprises, funds established with laws, public entities, organizations more than 50% of whose capital belongs to public, public economic enterprises, state-owned economic enterprises, and associations and establishments attached to these, as well as other public officials may be seconded to the Authority upon the consent of their own institution, provided that their salaries, allowances, any increases thereof, compensations and other social and financial rights and aids are paid by their own institution. Requests of the Authority in this regard shall be concluded with priority by the related institutions and organizations. Personnel assigned accordingly shall be deemed on paid leave. During this leave, rights of the personnel and their connection with civil service shall be maintained, this period of leave shall be taken into account in promotions and retirement, and they shall be promoted in due time without any need to further action. Periods spent in the Authority by those assigned under this Article shall be deemed to have been spent in their own institutions. Number of the personnel assigned accordingly shall not exceed ten per cent of the total number of posts for Personal Data Protection Experts and Personal Data Protection Assistant Experts, and the term of assignment shall not exceed two years. However, when deemed necessary, this term may be extended in one-year periods.
(5) Titles and numbers of posts regarding the personnel to be employed in the Authority are presented in the annexed Table (I). Changes in titles and grade; addition of new titles and annulment of vacant posts shall be realized upon the decision of the Board, provided that it shall not exceed the total number of posts, and shall be limited with the titles in the annexed tables of the Decree Law No. 190 on the General Posts and Procedures, dated 13/12/1983.